If you want to work with dogs and have a strong empathy with animals, then maybe a career in grooming beckons. Or perhaps you’d like to understand how to groom your own dog. Practical and informative, this Animal Grooming course covers everything you need to know; from a history of dog grooming to today’s popular styles, and what to do when accidents happen.
Dog grooming has come a long way since the 1st century BC when dogs were sheared like sheep. It wasn’t until the 18th century Paris that the idea of clipping for fashion, rather than function, came into being. But with Holly and Hugo you have the latest clips for reference, and will never be lost for style, whether your client is a Poodle or a Samoyed.
When setting up a grooming business the course helps you:
- Decide what equipment to buy
- Learn how to safely restrain animals
- Keep yourself safe
- Keep you clients safe
- Maintain good hygiene practises
- Understand the correct way to shampoo and bathe dogs
- Clip claws without tears
- Know the traditional clips for different dog breeds
Enrol today and unleash your inner groomer!
What you will learn
When working closely with dogs you are responsible for their well-being whilst in your care.
- Module 1: Where Did Grooming Begin?
- Module 2: Be Prepared!
- Module 3: First Aid
- Module 4: The Most Common Disorders
- Module 5: Working Tools
- Module 6: Psychology And Bathing
- Module 7: Anatomy & Types Of Coat
- Module 8: Standard Styles
This course will be of great interest to animal lovers and professionals in the pet care industry who would like to better understand the grooming of dogs, how to properly care for the dogs in your care, and to any learner who is interested in dog grooming as a future career.