Greek language is held in high esteem thanks to the rich history and heritage that is linked to Greece, which was the birthplace of western culture and democracy. Modern Greek, which is spoken mainly in Greece and Cyprus, is built on the shoulders of this ancient civilisation with both countries boasting beautiful cultures from their history and art, to literature, philosophy and music. The Greek language also holds an important place in the history of the Western world, with foundational texts in science, astronomy, mathematics, logic, philosophy, and the New Testament of the Christian Bible being written in this language spoken by at least 13.2 million people today across Greece, Cyprus, Italy and Albania.
This package will teach you Greek up to an advanced level. You will learn handy business language to improve your job opportunities or existing company’s prospects in Greek speaking areas. Greece’s historical legacy is cemented by its 18 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, that ranks among the most in the World, including Acropolis, Olympia and Mount Athos.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Greek Level 1
- Identify the alphabet and the sounds in Greek
- Introduce yourself and others
- Talk about colours
- Use numbers 1-20
- Use the days of the week
- Use simply greetings
- Talk about professions
- Talk about countries and where you live
- Tell the time
- Give your phone number and contact details
- Talk about food and drinks
Greek Level 2
- Make basic conversation and greetings
- Tell the time
- Talk about clothes and shopping
- Order at the café
- Talk about the house
- Use phrases for travel and at the beach
- Make simple requests, recommendations and apologies
- Talk about what is happening
- Describe problems
Greek Level 3
- Ask for locations or places using “where?”
- Recognise parts of the body
- Ask politely using “could”
- Learn how to order food and drinks at a restaurant
- Learn how to ask for information in a hotel
- Able to express yourself in the future tense
- Talk about yourself and your company
- Arrange and attend business meetings
- Talk on the phone and leave messages
- Describe your product
- Use phrases to help with negotiations and sales
- Discuss agreements and contracts
- Talk about banking and accounting
- Use key phrases for business and travel
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Mapped to international CEFR levels and ACTFL standards.
- Understand the language of Greek heritage and culture.
- Implement your knowledge as you make your way through the course.
- Examples in sound, so you can practice your pronunciation until it’s perfect.