How do you achieve that sun-kissed glow without sitting directly in the sun or in a tanning bed? According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, more than 90% of skin cancers are associated with exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun. With the concerns of skin cancer, aging skin and skin damage the demand for sunless tanning options continues to grow.
A spray tan is one sunless tanning option that is in high demand and not going away anytime soon. Spray tans are used by thousands of people looking to get red carpet ready, wedding ready, vacation ready, or who just want a bronze glow during the winter months.
Learning how to apply a spray tan is one of the best beauty skills to learn in order to grow your current business or start a new one.
Spray tanning has a very low start up cost, making it the least expensive beauty service to learn. If you’re looking to add a beauty service to your current business or wondering how to get started in the industry, spray tanning is the best option as it has the lowest costs associated with it.
Spray tanning has the potential to earn you over 100K per year. Most sessions can be completed in under 30 minutes so you can book more customers per hour than other beauty services. Rates per session vary depending on where you’re located, but average between $30-$65 per session. That means if you charge $45 per session and have 10 clients per day you have the potential to make $108,000 if you work full time.
The best thing with starting your own business is you can dictate your own hours and work and much or as little as you want. Starting a new business can be daunting, but with this course we’ll take you step-by-step through the process. From the different types of spray tans to health and safety for you and your clients to products to avoid and pricing you’ll learn all the knowledge you need to be successful in running your own spray tanning business.
What will you learn?
This course will guide you step-by-step through:
- everything you need to know about DHA
- what equipment and supplies to use
- safe storage and transportation of supplies
- health and safety for both you and your clients
- how to prepare skin prior to a spray tan
- body application vs. face application
- common problems that might arise and how to fix them
- aftercare procedures
- products to avoid
- how to properly clean your equipment
- marketing your business
- pricing and session times
- how to get new clients and keep them
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who:
- is already familiar with spray tanning, but wants to brush up on their skills
- already owns a business and wants to add spray tanning as a service
- wants to get started in the beauty industry and is looking for an affordable service to learn
- is interested in starting their own spray tanning business
- wants to earn a high income working for yourself
- wants to help people feel good about themselves without any harmful consequences
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.