Do you want to teach English, either at home, online, or abroad, but you’re not sure where to start? Our TEFL Certification course is fully accredited, internationally recognized, and will give you the tools you need to be successful as a teacher of English as a Foreign Language!
TEFL means Teaching English as a Foreign Language. TEFL/TESOL or TESL (Teaching English to Speakers of Foreign/Second or Other Languages) are terms that refer to certificates and programs dealing with English language teaching, and they are all equal qualifications, even though different countries will use different terms.
With a TEFL certificate, you show the schools that you’re applying to that you know how to teach – from lesson planning and classroom management to theory and pedagogical techniques. Throughout the course, you will get the opportunity to submit lesson plans to experienced TEFL/TESOL teachers, gaining valuable feedback from experts who have been teaching abroad for years!
You can get your 120 hour TEFL certificate online through IOA, at your own pace, in the comfort of your own home! Start your accredited TEFL certification online now – your first step to being an English teacher. Where will you go from there? You decide!
Disclaimer: The content of our 120 hour TESOL certificate course and our 120 hour TEFL certificate course is the same. TESOL (which stands for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) is primarily used in North America, while TEFL (which stands for Teaching English as a Foreign Language) is used more in Europe and Australia. However, both courses are intended for the same purpose.
What you will learn
In this course, we’ll take you through learning modules that will prepare you for your new adventure. You’ll learn:
- How to motivate students who are new to the English language.
- How to use a student’s primary language to teach them a new language.
- The basics of linguistics, which will help bridge the gap between the students’ primary language and English.
- All the reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills you will need to impart in your students.
- Basic pedagogical techniques
- Classroom management strategies
- How to get hired abroad
This Course is for
International Open Academy TESOL/TEFL course is perfect for you if you:
- are fluent in English and have an interest in teaching
- don’t have any formal qualifications or previous experience (you don’t need them to study with us)
Our course will enable you to:
- learn new skills
- start a new career
- enhance your resume
- or upgrade your talents if you’re looking for a promotion or raise
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
After completing this course, you could:
- Get a job at an English academy anywhere in the world
- Work as an Au Pair, nanny, or childminder
- Teach private one-on-one lessons
- Teach English online
- Gain a better understanding of English and the teaching of language, to improve your own language studies
Exam and Certification
To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course
- Score at least 55% on the exam at the end of the course
After successfully completing the course, you will immediately receive your PDF course certificate so you can instantly add it to your CV and display your achievement. You can also request a hard copy certificate to be sent to your postal address for a small printing and posting fee. All our courses are accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards – www.icoes.org (accreditation number ICOES/00763/13/36). Most of our courses will earn you credits through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) / Continuing Education (CE). Check for the CPD logo on the course page. CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally. International Open Academy is also an officially approved TQUK (Training Qualifications UK) center, with the TQUK Center Number: C001157. TQUK is a national awarding body recognized by the UK Government and regulated by Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation). For further details, please visit https: //internationalopenacademy.com/IOA-accreditation
The 120 Hour TEFL certificate course is a TQUK endorsed course.”