The British Citizenship Diploma is ideal for anyone who wants to understand the intricacies of British citizenship, whether they are looking to apply for citizenship themselves, or simply want to know more about what it is and how it works.
From learning about the different classes of citizenship, to working and living in the UK, to finally achieving naturalisation, this course covers it all. You will receive a full introduction to the theory and practicalities of living in the UK and becoming a full citizen.
This is an online course that will give all students the unique ability to learn the curriculum in their own time and at their own pace. Most students are able to continue working full time, and still finish the course in a reasonable amount of time.
Since this is an online course, this diploma is accessible from any device with an internet connection, and you will also have access to online support during the time you train.
What You Will Learn
- An introduction to the different types of British citizenship
- A history of, and current British nationality and immigration laws
- The British visa system and who may apply
- The criteria for entitlement to enter and stay in the UK both temporarily and permanently
- What naturalisation is, and how to apply for it
- What the English Language test involves
- Taking the Life in the UK test
- Finding work in the UK, and the selection and interview process
- Aspects of British life and culture
- Dual nationality – what it is and travelling as such
- Brexit and its implications for EEA and non-EEA citizens
- Useful contact details for different governmental departments
Benefits of the British Citizenship Diploma
When taking the British Citizenship Diploma course, there are a number of benefits that you will experience.
- The option to study from any location at any time, both at home and away or out and about
- Studying at your own pace; there is no time limit, so you can take days, weeks or even months to finish the course
- Using any internet-enabled device to study from, including mobile phones, tablets and computers
- Easily reading the course, thanks to the short modules, which make studying more enjoyable
- Experiencing the convenience of an online support system, which allows students to stay on track during their studies
- Learning from a comprehensive syllabus, which helps to guarantee that you get a comprehensive understanding of British citizenship
- Earning a certified and recognised diploma
- An affordable cost
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: An Introduction to British Citizenship
- Module 2: British Nationality and Immigration – A Legislative Overview
- Module 3: Naturalisation – What it is and How to Apply
- Module 4: Life in the UK and English Language Tests
- Module 5: The Right to Stay in the UK
- Module 6: Finding Work in the UK – What Happens After Applying
- Module 7: Finding Job Vacancies in the UK
- Module 8: Dual Nationality, Brexit and Useful Contacts
- Module 9: The British Visa System
- Module 10: Life and Culture in the UK
There are no reviews yet.