In light of recent high profile developments in this important area of child protection, we have updated this awareness-raising course to reflect the latest research, governmental guidance and best practice.
The course has been developed in Partnership with Just Whistle, PACE, Bradford and Lincolnshire Safeguarding Children Boards.
You will find up to date information on:
- The National Action Plan for Tackling Child Sexual Exploitation
- Human Trafficking
- The Grooming Process
- Missing Children and Young People
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection
An overview of relevant legislation including:
- Missing Children and Adults Strategy
- Call to End Violence Against Woman and Girls Action Plan
- Taking Action and the Next Chapter
As well as the relevant legislation and guidance that applies to vulnerable groups and how these policies can be applied in practice, it explains risk assessments and key vulnerability factors whilst covering the roles of various agencies such as the police and social care. The training material also includes scenarios to help you to think about what you would do in a real world situation.