- Introductory Course
- 60-90 Study Minutes
- Online Study
- Self-Printed Certificate
- 1-2 CPD Hours
- CPD Certified
Understanding the risks that can be associated with Display Screen Equipment (DSE) allows organisations and their staff to be compliant with current rules and regulations.
From this, businesses are able to adapt to increase the wellbeing of their staff, reduce sickness levels and also increase productivity.
Developed in collaboration with Health and Safety Executive (HSE), this short course explores the importance of DSE, focusing on identifying risks and promoting safer working practices.
We recognise that as working from home is becoming more common so is the need to complete a DSE assessment at home. Our course looks to boost the confidence of staff in understanding DSE as well as being confident to complete DSE assessments.
We know that everyone’s learning needs are different and because of this, our course offers a tailored approach to training. After completing 2 core modules, learners can choose what and how they learn, by selecting bitesize optional topics.
Modules within this course include:
- An introduction to DSE – The importance of DSE, correct posture, main causes of injuries, legal backgrounds and many more topics.
- DSE assessment – what is a DSE assessment, why is it important and information around DSE checklists.
- Additional optional bitesize components – Tablets and Smartphones, Dual Screens and Standing Workstations, Homeworking and Pregnancy
Our courses are always designed with the learner in mind and allowing them to choose their own pace and gain assurance of their newfound knowledge through practise questions. This course was developed using the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) who have acted as subject matter experts to ensure all content and information is up to date and accurate.
Areas covered include:
- Introduction to Display Screen Equipment (DSE)
- How to carry out a DSE workstation assessment
- Tablets and smartphones
- Dual screens and standing workstations
- Pregnancy and DSE use
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of this DSE course you will be able to download a Display Screen Equipment (DSE) CPD approved Virtual College certificate.
This display screen assessment course will take approximately 60-90 minutes to complete, the length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, your progress will be saved automatically as you work through the training.
This course has been develop in collaboration with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and is targeted primarily at businesses needing to train their staff in DSE and Workstation Health and Safety. However, the information is also applicable to anyone who wishes to learn more about how to manage the risks associated with DSE and their Workstation.
With more people now working from home than ever before it is important that your work area is safe and comfortable, this course will inform your learners on how to carry out a DSE workstation assessment.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
You will learn
- Introduction to DSE
- DSE Assessment
- Additional bitesize components; tablets and smartphones, dual screens and standing workstations, homeworking and pregnancy
Who is it for?
- Businesses needing to train their staff in DSE and Workstation Health and Safety
- Anyone who wants to learn more about how to manage the risks associated with DSE and their Workstation