This Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) teaching course gives you everything you need to know about becoming an effective EYFS teacher. At the conclusion of this course, participants have the tools they require to confidently pursue a career in early years teaching.
This EYFS teaching course covers many topics related to early years education, from the reasoning behind the framework to tips on how to develop your own curriculum. We have developed this course to give students important information about their career options.
Throughout the course, students receive a full explanation of EYFS teaching, as well as information about child development, what it’s like to work as an EYFS teacher, and an understanding of the framework of EYFS. The course also covers how, as an EYFS teacher, a person promotes child development and learning. Students of this course further learn about different methods of teaching, how to work with children with special needs and how to find work as an EYFS teacher in the UK.
At the conclusion of the course, students receive a diploma, proving they have successfully completed each module.
What You Will Learn
This course was designed to give takers a total overview of what is involved in EYFS teaching.
Here’s what the course covers:
- The main stages of childhood development
- The role of play in learning and why play-based curriculums succeed
- The seven areas of learning and when to focus on each one
- What to expect from a career in early years education
- The rationale behind the EYFS framework
- Observation, assessment and planning requirements and strategies
- How to effectively promote learning, development and child welfare in the early years
- How to help children achieve early learning goals
- How to effectively work with children having special education needs and communicating with parents
- The differences between popular educational philosophes
Benefits of the EYFS Teaching Course
This Early Years Foundation Stage course includes the following benefits:
- An affordable course that gives you the background you need to pursue a career in EYFS teaching
- A curriculum that is easy to understand, divided into 10 complete modules
- The achievement of fully understanding the EYFS teaching framework, which helps students to find work as an EYFS teacher.
- Learning new skills, such as understanding child development, which enhances the abilities in the classroom or beyond.
- The preparation necessary to work or volunteer in the classroom with children in different roles.
- The ability to study from any location with an internet connection
- Learn the material at any time and at your own pace
- Lifetime access to the course – no deadlines
- Obtain a recognised certification when completing the course, which will improve your career prospects
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Introduction to EYFS Teaching and Early Years of Childhood Development
- Module 2: Working as an EYFS Teacher
- Module 3: Understanding the EYFS Framework
- Module 4: Promoting Learning and Development
- Module 5: Curriculum for EYFS Teaching
- Module 6: Methods for EYFS Teaching
- Module 7: Working with Children Having Special Education Needs or Disabilities (SEN/SEND)
- Module 8: EYFS and Educational Philosophies and Exemptions to the EYFS
- Module 9: Promoting Child Welfare in the Early Years
- Module 10: Finding Work as an EYFS Teacher
There are no reviews yet.