Infections that are caused either, through being in a care establishment (nosocomial) or as a result of receiving treatment (iatrogenic), can be prevented. Often, neither may appear until after people leave the care establishment.
It is the responsibility of everyone working within the care industry to protect both themselves and the people they care for, from the effects of infection. This course will explore, in detail, how this can be achieved.
- Improve your career prospects.
- Learn valuable knowledge, skills, advice and guidance to help you achieve success.
- Study online from anywhere.
- Study at your own pace.
- Download and print your industry recognised certificate on successful completion.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into bite-sized modules. You’re free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each section, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers and most tablet devices etc. so you can even study while on the move! As long as you have access to the internet, you should be able to study anywhere that’s convenient.
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all the modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken at a time and location of your choosing.
What if I don’t pass the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time then you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the entire program is likely to take around 2-4 hours to work through initially, but you may want to allow more time to repeat some areas. You should allow an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Understanding Infection control
- Explain what is meant by infection, its signs and causes
- Identify how infection is spread
- Explain the importance of preventing the spread of infection
- Reducing the Risk of Infection
- Identify the measures that should be taken to minimise the spread of infection
- Explain the responsibilities of workers, the importance of legislation and risk assessment relating to infection control
- Controlling the Spread of Infection
- Explain the importance of personal hygiene in preventing the spread of infection
- Identify the key characteristics of effective cleaning, disinfection, sterilisation and handling of sharps