Understand the basics of being a first-time tenant with this tenancy training course. Discover all aspects of the tenancy journey from how to find accommodation, managing finances and budgets to learning new DIY skills and being a good neighbour.
It is crucial that tenants understand how to be financially astute and responsible for their accommodation and tenancy agreements. This online pre-tenancy training course explores the basics of finding and viewing a property and the practicalities of running a new home – including paying rent, opening a bank account and getting advice on the services and support available.
The pre-tenancy training course was developed for first time tenants for help with finding accommodation, managing finance, debt and budgeting, tenancy agreements and setting up basic utilities. The online e-learning course also provides the learner with the information they need to avoid anti-social behaviour and how to be a good neighbour. This online pre-tenancy training course explores the basics of finding and viewing a property and the practicalities of running a new home – including paying rent, opening a bank account and getting advice on the services and support available.
Who should take this course and why?
This course is primarily aimed at first time tenants who want to get a basic understanding of all the elements they’ll need to undertake when renting a property.
By undergoing pre-tenancy training, learners will learn how to be more financially astute, understand their tenancy agreement and tenancy legislation and be better equipped at dealing with day-to-day home maintenance.
Upon completion of this course, learners will understand the basics of finding and securing accommodation, will understand about tenancy agreements and legal rights, finance and paying rent, how to manage a tenancy, being a good neighbour and other useful advice including basic cooking, DIY skills and cold weather advice.
What does this course cover?
This course covers the following areas:
- Finding accommodation
- Tenancies explained
- Information on managing debt
- Anti-social behaviour
- Online safety
- Home maintenance
On completion of this course learners will understand:
- How to find a property, view the property and how the allocation process works.
- How to recognise the different types of tenancies, understand tenancy agreements and what they need to know before accepting an offer.
- How to manage their finances easily, ensuring they can pay their rent, set up direct debits, look at universal credit and consider other payment methods.
- How to manage their debt including old arrears and rechargeable, and be able to manage their budgeting.
- How to set up basic utilities, take a meter reading, use insurance and comparison websites, conduct fire risks and safety checks and find information about furnishing a property.
- Their responsibilities, the occupation of their home and information regarding vehicles and pets. They will also understand the meaning of antisocial behaviour, and what legal actions a landlord can take.
- How to keep safe online, how to set up the internet to send emails, and how to use smart phones and tablets.
There are no reviews yet.