The Child Psychology Diploma will provide you with all the knowledge you need to succeed in this field in the United Kingdom. This information packed training course gives you everything you will need to know about child psychology and push yourself forward in your chosen career.
During childhood, there is a rapid development of the mind and body. This course will give you a full introduction to the study of child psychology, and as you work through the material, you will obtain a much deeper understanding of how psychologists work with children to improve their psychological states.
Introduction to the Child Psychology Diploma
This training course is offered online, which gives you the ability to study at your own pace and in your own time. You can still work a full time position while studying to get the certification you need to help you achieve your dream of working in the child psychology profession.
The child psychology diploma is accessible on any device with access to the internet, complete with online support throughout your training. The course comprises of a comprehensive syllabus broken down into easy and manageable modules.
On completion of the course you will be required to complete a multiple choice test and, once passed, you will be awarded with your industry recognised certification, which you can download and print.
What You Will Learn
The child psychology diploma is designed to provide you with a complete overview, enabling you to start your journey towards your new career.
This course includes:
- An introduction into child psychology. How psychologists work with children to improve their psychological states.
- Research and theories on child development and how to apply these theories.
- An overview of cognitive development, from infancy to adolescents.
- Information on genetics and the interaction between genes and the environment.
- The nature/nurture debate and the science supporting each side.
- Learn about a child’s physical development from birth and how the body prepares for adulthood.
- An overview of social development and how to support a child through these changes.
- The stages of emotional development and how it’s linked with a child’s performance at school.
- Learn about childhood intelligence concepts.
- Learn about the importance of a child’s early relationships.
- Language and communication milestones.
- How to improve self-esteem and confidence in children.
- Signs of behavioural problems and specific treatments.
- Understand why proper nutrition is important for a child’s development.
- The transition from adolescence into adulthood.
Benefits of the Child Psychology Diploma
There are so many benefits of completing your child psychology diploma online, these include:
- Study from anywhere and at any time that is suitable to you. You can study at home after work or during your lunch break.
- Study at your own pace, complete the course within days or months based on your current schedule and workload.
- Study using any device, from your PC when at home, to your tablet or mobile phone when on the move.
- The course is broken down into easy to manage modules to ensure the most enjoyable learning experience at all times.
- Enjoy the convenience of online support throughout your study experience to ensure that you stay on track at all times.
- Learn from a comprehensive syllabus, which is guaranteed to give you the knowledge you need to fast track your career within the child psychology profession.
- Improve your prospects when applying for jobs in this field.
- Enjoy the added benefit of a certified diploma that you can trust.
- Affordable pricing structure.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 22 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 12 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Introduction to Child Psychology
- Module 2 : Child Development Research and Theories
- Module 3 : An Overview of Cognitive Development
- Module 4 : Cognitive Development in the First Year
- Module 5 : Cognitive Development in the Toddler and Preschool Years
- Module 6 : Cognitive Development in the Middle Years
- Module 7 : Cognitive Development and the Teenage Years
- Module 8 : Genetics
- Module 9 : The Nature/Nurture Debate
- Module 10 : Physical Development
- Module 11 : Social Development
- Module 12 : Emotional Development
- Module 13 : Intellectual Development
- Module 14 : Attachment and Relationship Building
- Module 15 : The Role of Separation in Child Development
- Module 16 : Language and Communication
- Module 17 : Self-Esteem and Confidence
- Module 18 : Behavioural Problems
- Module 19 : Gender Roles and Differences
- Module 20 : Education: Schooling, Learning Difficulties and High Intelligence
- Module 21 : Health and Nutrition in a Child’s Development
- Module 22 : Developing Into Adulthood
There are no reviews yet.