The Depression Awareness Diploma course will give students the opportunity to learn about this common mental disorder. The course is filled with information that is not only appropriate for those who have depression and want to learn more about it, but also for those who know or love people with depression, and how their loved ones can best be helped. This is also an excellent course for anyone who is interested in getting into the counselling or psychology field.
Depression is not easy to treat, and there are a number of methods that can be attempted after a diagnosis has been made. This course explains all of the traditional treatments for depression, as well as alternative and self-help treatments. Additionally, the course explains the different types of depression, how depression affects one’s life, and what events or actions might trigger depression.
This course is an online training course that allows students to study when it is convenient for them. Many who take this course remain working their full time job, which allows them to not only achieve the goal of learning more about depression, but also allows them to stay on top of their responsibilities.
Those who take the depression course can access the material from any device that can connect to the internet, and online support is available during the training. When completing the course, you will take a test, and upon passing, will receive a diploma that can be printed at home.
What You Will Learn
The depression diploma course has been created to give people a full overview of the mental disorder. The information learned in the course will help in both personal and professional situations.
This course covers:
- An introduction to depression
- The causes of depression
- Depression myths
- The symptoms of depression, including social, physical and psychological
- The different types of depression
- How to help someone with depression
- Traditional depression treatments
- Alternative depression treatments
- Self-help for depression
- How to identify the triggers of depression
- Lifestyle changes that can benefit depression
- Life after depression
- Resources in the UK to help one cope with depression
Benefits of the Depression Awareness Diploma Course
There are several benefits of completing the depression course online:
- The opportunity to study wherever you wish and at any time, even at home, after work or in your lunch break.
- The option to study at a pace that is easy for you, as there is no set time limit for the course.
- The ability to study from any device that connects to the internet, including tablets, mobile phones and computers.
- A course structure that is easy to understand, thanks to the small modules.
- Available online support, when required.
- A full, detailed syllabus, which ensures that you get all of the knowledge required to understand depression and to support those who have depression. This can be used in both your professional and personal life.
- Improving work and volunteer prospects, especially when working in the psychological field.
- Affordable pricing.
- A certified diploma that is recognised in the industry.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 13 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Understanding Depression
- Module 2 : What Causes Depression?
- Module 3 : Myths about Depression
- Module 4 : The Symptoms of Depression
- Module 5: Types of Depression
- Module 6: Helping Someone with Depression
- Module 7: Traditional Treatments for Depression
- Module 8: Alternative Therapies for Depression
- Module 9 : Self-Help for Depression
- Module 10 : Identifying Triggers for Depression
- Module 11 : Lifestyle Changes for Depression
- Module 12 : Life After Depression
- Module 13: Seeking Help – Contacts and Resources