People fall because of a complex mix of factors. To reduce falling, it is important to identify these factors, and recognise those that could signify serious, but treatable, underlying medical problems.
- Understand costs and implications of falls on patients, their families and organizations
- Recognize falls risk factors
- Recognize who is at risk of falls and injury
- Recognize importance of bone health in relation to falls risk
- Understand roles other staff play in fall prevention
- Understand what to do in the event of a patient falling