- 1-2 Study Hours
- Online Study
- Self-Printed Certificate
- 3 CPD Points
- CPD Certified
This course aims to give learners a deeper understanding of child criminal exploitation and gang related issues by defining what these key terms mean. This training will also help learners to identify the signs and symptoms of abuse and what to do if they suspect a child or young person is becoming involved in gang activities.
County lines is another crucial issue related to gang activities, within this training learners will gain an understanding of this issue and how it can differ from other gang related activities.
This course covers gang related issues for children and young people, defines and explains ‘county lines’ and its links to organised criminal networks, defines Child Criminal Exploitation (CCE), and enables you to spot the signs of those involved with gangs or at risk of being drawn into gangs. It gives details of other organisations that are able to provide help and support and gives guidance on actions to take if you suspect or become aware of gang related issues.
Topics covered in this module include:
- Child Criminal Exploitation (CCE), its definition and how to recognise it
- Spotting the signs and characteristics of those involved with gangs, and ‘pull factors’ that could indicate vulnerability of children and young people
- Definition of ‘county lines exploitation’ and its connection to human trafficking, modern slavery and forced labour, how to recognise the signs of activity
- Definitions of gang terminology
- Links between gangs and knife crime
- What to do if you suspect gang involvement
- The National Referral Mechanism (NRM)
Case studies and videos are used to illustrate the information contained in the courses. There are also challenges to check your knowledge of the information covered.
You will learn
- Define the term ‘gang’ and the impact gang related issues can have
- Recognise how children can be groomed into gangs, and the links to Child Criminal Exploitation
- Understand gang language, terms and lifestyle influences
- Identify barriers to engaging with young people who may be associated with gangs
- Outline ‘county lines’, its signs of activity, and how it operates
- Explain Child Criminal Exploitation (CCE) and identify those vulnerable and what actions to take
Who is it for?
- Social workers
- Care workers
- Pastoral care
- Teaching Assistants
- Healthcare Professionals