Regular participation in physical activities can make you happier and reduce your risk of diseases like diabetes. This free course covers the health benefits of physical activity, how much you should be doing, the importance of diet and how you can incorporate exercise into your lifestyle.
Why take this course?
The content of this e-learning course includes:
- What is physical activity?
- Why is it important?
- How can it reduce disease?
- How much physical activity is enough?
- How can diet help improve health?
- How to increase activity levels
- Safety and other considerations
- Getting started
- Know why physical activity is important in the promotion of good health.
- Know how physical activity can be used to help reduce the risk of developing chronic diseases, including Type 2 diabetes.
- Understand how much physical exercise is recommended.
- Understand how physical activity can be incorporated into today’s busy lifestyles.
This course is accredited by CPD and the certificate, awarded upon successful completion, can be used the log your hours against.
Approximately one to two hours to complete. As an e-learning course, you can complete this training in convenient stages. The system will record your progress throughout.
This course is aimed at anyone who would like to learn more about physical exercise and its health benefits.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Test and certificate
The end of course test consists of 15 multiple-choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test three times at no extra cost. If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion.