Overview – IOSH Working Safely
An understanding of health and safety principles and practices is central for every workplace. This interactive e-learning course leads to a globally recognised IOSH certificate in ‘Working Safely’ and will provide individuals with thorough knowledge about the essentials of health and safety.
IOSH are the biggest health and safety membership organisation in the world and the only chartered body for H&S professionals. Established for more than 70 years with over 40,000 members across 99 countries, there is no doubt you are receiving quality training.
Who would benefit from this training?
Working Safely is suitable for people at any level, in any sector, needing a grounding in the essentials of health and safety.
Individuals will benefit by gaining a nationally recognised certificate in health and safety training that meets government’s guidelines and is a 100 per cent match to the Health and Safety Executive’s ‘passport’ syllabus.
On completion of this course you will receive a confirmation email that you have successfully completed your training. The approved certificate from the Institution of Occupational and Health (IOSH) will be posted to you by Royal Mail Signed for 1st Class delivery and it should be with you within 3-4 weeks of your completion date.
Please note: it is recommended that learners retake the IOSH Working Safely course every three years.
IOSH Working Safely is split into five interactive modules:
- An introduction to working safely; the principles of why working safely is important.
- Defining hazard and risk; recognising risks in the workplace and understanding the application of risk assessments.
- Identifying common hazards; understanding how hazards arise and how to prevent them.
- Improving safety performance; understanding how systems and processes can be put in place to improve safety performance and how these relate to all levels of the workforce.
- Protecting our environment; how organisations and individuals can get involved in reducing environmental impacts.
On completion of this course you will receive a confirmation email that you have successfully completed your training. The approved certificate from the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) will be posted to you by Royal Mail Signed for 1st Class delivery and it should be with you within 3-4 weeks of your completion date.
Green Labourer Card – Important note
On 5th May 2017 the Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) announced that it suspended the recognition of the IOSH Working Safely certificate via e-learning as an approved route to obtaining the green Labourer card.
Please visit the Labourer card page on the CSCS website for further details on approved qualifications that lead to the green Labourer card.
To see the CSCS announcement, click here.
There are no reviews yet.