When working in catering or hospitality, you need to have a high standard of food safety and hygiene training in order to fulfil your role and protect both consumers and other staff members. Undertaking both Level 2 and Level 3 Food Safety & Hygiene training means you have covered a comprehensive level of training which includes modules on cleaning and disinfecting equipment, safe food preparation and storage, and common pest control. Knowing how food allergies factor into the different facets of the food industry is also incredibly useful, helping you to meet obligations set out by EU food regulations.
This Level 2 & 3 Food Safety and Hygiene and Food Allergy training course satisfies a food handler’s legal obligation to undertake appropriate food safety training and include relevant material for managers and supervisors to supplement this. A sound knowledge of the latest food safety principles will also improve the quality of your product or service whether you’re a self-employed caterer, a chef, a waiter, or any other role within the catering industry.
The material is provided in an interactive format that is designed to be engaging and accessible. A basic knowledge of food hygiene will mean learners progress quickly, but the course is designed for anyone working in the service or hospitality sectors and should be suitable for any staff member to give them the knowledge needed to work effectively and safely.
Level 3 Food Hygiene
- Understand the role of the supervisor and food business operator in ensuring compliance with food safety legislation
- Understand the application and monitoring of good hygiene practice
- Understand how to implement food safety management procedures
- Understand the role of the supervisor in staff training and food safety management procedures
Level 2 Food Hygiene
- Understand the importance of keeping yourself clean and hygienic
- Understand the importance of keeping the work areas clean and hygienic
- Understand how individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety
- Understand the importance of keeping food safe
- Explain the importance of controlling food allergens in regard to consumer safety.
- Describe the cause and symptoms of food allergy and food intolerance.
All our courses are accredited by CPD. The certificates, awarded upon successful completion, can be used to log your hours against.
This training pack usually takes between 11-12 hours each to complete, depending on the speed of learning. Learners do not have to complete all the training in one session as progress is recorded throughout and the training can be paused and resumed in our learning management system at any time.
This training pack is aimed at anyone working in a food environment such as a café, restaurant, guest house or school and wishes to deepen their knowledge on food allergies to keep their customers safe.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Test and certificate
Each end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test six times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.