When working in catering or hospitality, you need to have a high standard of food safety and hygiene training in order to fulfil your role and protect both consumers and other staff members. Undertaking both Level 2 and Level 3 Food Safety & Hygiene training means you have covered a comprehensive level of training which includes modules on cleaning and disinfecting equipment, safe food preparation and storage, and common pest control, as well as management-specific areas to make sure you’re complying with all of the relevant health and safety standards.
This City & Guilds accredited Level 2 & 3 Food Hygiene course is designed to provide an individual or an organisation with the very latest food safety and hygiene training. Alongside information dedicated to explaining the basics of food hygiene, it contains lessons dedicated to:
· Food safety hazards and contamination
· Food preservation, storage and temperature control
· The legislation that governs food handling
· Hazards Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
· How to assess potential risks in the workplace
· What to do when responding to accident at work
The material is provided in an interactive format that is designed to be engaging and accessible. A basic knowledge of food hygiene will mean learners progress quickly, but the course is designed for anyone working in the service or hospitality sectors and should be suitable for any staff member to give them the knowledge needed to work effectively and safely.
Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Catering
- Understand the importance of keeping yourself clean and hygienic.
- Understand the importance of keeping the work areas clean and hygienic.
- Understand the importance of keeping food safe.
- Understand how individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety.
Level 3 Food Safety and Hygiene for Supervisors
- Know what to do if you are first on the scene of an accident.
- Be able to assess the situation as a potential danger zone.
- Know the key processes to follow and what to do for each one: Danger, Response, Airways, Breathing, Circulation.
- Understand the importance of the recovery position and how to apply it.
Levels 2 and 3 Food Safety and Hygiene have been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines, and are also accredited to City & Guilds.
Together, these courses take approximately 10 hours to complete, depending on the speed of learning. Level 3 Food Safety and Hygiene for Supervisors takes approximately 8 hours, and Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Catering 2-3. Learners do not have to complete all the training in one session as progress is recorded throughout and the training can be paused and resumed in our learning management system at any time.
This training pack is aimed at anyone working within the food industry; the Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene Certificate for Catering course satisfies a food handler’s legal obligation to undertake appropriate food safety training, and the Level 3 Food Hygiene online course is suitable for anyone involved in the management or supervision of food handlers within a food environment.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Test and certificate
Each end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test six times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.