This training is designed to giver learners a much deeper understanding of the key issues facing LGBTQ+ workers and how to ensure that they are safeguarded in the workplace
Upon completion of this course learners will be able to create an inclusive environment for all employees through their policies and procedures.
This course will widen your awareness of gender identity and sexual orientation, and includes the following subject topics:
- The definition of gender identity and sexual orientation, Gender Identity Disorder (GID) and Gender Dysphoria
- The definition and usage of words, including ‘queer’, ‘pansexual’, ‘non-binary’ etc.
- The processes involved in transitioning
- Research and understanding of discrimination
- Hate crime, minority stress
- LGBTQ+ health issues, both mental and physical, and the difficulties of accessing appropriate healthcare
- Children and young people, gender identity and sexuality
- LGBTQ+ in education
This course covers personal experiences and case studies, educational downloads and discussion of a whole school approach, links to relevant organisations, interactive infographics including relevant statistics, and a timeline detailing the gains made in LGBTQ+ awareness. Challenges to test a learner’s knowledge are also included.
This course would be useful for those working in healthcare, education and youth worker
There are no reviews yet.