Do you have a passion for a healthy lifestyle, incorporating diet and exercise into your daily routine that you now want to share with others? This diploma will teach you everything you need to know about being an effective fitness instructor/personal trainer and helping your clients achieve their fitness goals on a daily basis.
32 comprehensive modulesThe Fitness Diploma is broken into comprehensive modules which will teach you everything you need to know to become a successful fitness instructor or personal trainer. The course is set in manageable modules which you can study at your own pace and in your own time while still having the benefit of a full time position.
End of course certificationOn completion of the course you will be required to pass a test, which is made up of multiple choice questions based on the modules you have studied. Once you pass, you will be able to download and print your certificate and start using your new diploma to enjoy a successful career within the fitness industry.
What You Will Learn
This course is designed to provide you with a complete overview of what you need to become a successful fitness instructor or personal trainer. During the course you can expect to learn the following:
- Learn what you will need to begin your career in fitness, from the skills you will need to the role you will be expected to perform on a daily basis.
- Understand the human anatomy of the bones, their function and how exercise can impact the bones. You will also learn about how bones are affected as part of the ageing process.
- Learn more about the cardiovascular system from the heart’s function to respiratory function and how these are impacted by exercise, along with the benefits.
- Get an understanding of muscles and how they work and the different muscle types.
- Understand joints and nervous system, as well as injury prevention.
- Learn more about obesity and diabetes and how the two are linked. Obesity has become a serious issue in the United Kingdom with more people being diagnosed with diabetes on a daily basis.
- Get a good understanding of a healthy and well-balanced diet and why this is so important in conjunction with exercise. Learn the five main food groups, types of food and how to set nutritional goals.
- Learn how to encourage your clients to embrace an active lifestyle and how it can benefit them in the long run.
- Identify how exercise impacts the body as a whole.
- Learn how to safely monitor your clients’ exercise intensity.
- Learn how to set fitness plans in place, how to plan, difficulties you may face and standards you must adhere to.
- Get a good understanding of the importance of stretching, working with disabled customers and outdoor exercise routines.
- Learn how to work with children, from exercise to diet.
- Identify if yoga or pilates may be something you will want to specialise in.
- Know how to deal with emergencies in the fitness industry.
Benefits of taking the Fitness Diploma
The fitness diploma will provide you with a wide number of benefits to help you enjoy a successful career as a fitness instructor or personal trainer.
- Fast track your career.
- Improve your career prospects.
- Improve your knowledge and skill when it comes to the human anatomy.
- Understand the link between exercise and diet.
- Know how to work with your client, encourage them and support them to achieve their goals.
- Use any device to access the modules online, enabling you to study from anywhere at any time.
- Study at your own pace with no schedules or deadlines to adhere to.
- Be rewarded with an industry recognised certification on successful completion.
- Take advantage of online support during your studies.
- Be confident in your abilities and knowledge as a fitness instructor or personal trainer.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 32 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1 : Beginning a career in the fitness industry
- Module 2 : Anatomy – the skeleton
- Module 3 : Anatomy – cardiovascular system
- Module 4 : Anatomy – muscles and somatotypes
- Module 5 : Anatomy – The nervous system
- Module 6 : Anatomy of the joints
- Module 7 : Obesity & Diabetes
- Module 8 : Diet and fitness
- Module 9 : Collecting & analysing nutritional information & nutritional goal setting
- Module 10 : Encouraging clients to incorporate activity into their lifestyle & understanding of health benefits
- Module 11 : The effects of exercise on the body
- Module 12 : How to safely monitor exercise intensity
- Module 13 : GP and exercise referral
- Module 14 : Preparing fitness plans for clients
- Module 15: Stretching Fitness
- Module 16: Fitness training for disabled people
- Module 17: Group personal training
- Module 18: Gym exercising – Planning and Instructing
- Module 19: An in depth look at personal training
- Module 20: Outdoor fitness
- Module 21: Children – Fitness and Diet
- Module 22: Yoga Instructing
- Module 23: Pilates Instructor
- Module 24: Understanding emergency procedures in a fitness environment
- Module 25: Understanding & Controlling risks in a fitness environment
- Module 26: Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
- Module 27: Setting up your own Fitness or Personal Training business
- Module 28: Customer care. Dealing with enquiries
- Module 29: Finance
- Module 30: Insurance and Tax
- Module 31: Marketing yourself as a personal trainer
- Module 32: Health and Safety