Anyone who owns a pet or works with animals will benefit from a pet first aid Certificate. Knowing what to do when a pet is injured or ill is a wonderful chance to save a family pet and make a difference. This information packed course is designed for anyone who wants to learn what to do in the event of a pet emergency, how to handle the situation and how to remain calm to help the pet until they get the veterinary care they need.
The course is broken down into easy to study modules, and is hosted online, so as long as you have access to the internet, you can study anywhere, whether it’s when you get home from work or during your lunch break from your desktop computer or your tablet.
Introduction to the Pet First Aid CertificateThis Certificate is brimming with information which has been broken down into six manageable modules to make your studying experience enjoyable and effective. Each module provides you with insight and advice into pet first aid, giving you the knowledge and tools you need to deal with a wide variety of different accidents and incidents involving a host of pets, so you can make a difference and prolong a pet’s life.
At the end of the course you will be required to complete a multiple choice test, which you will be given two chances to pass. On passing you are given instant access to your certificate, which you can download and print, placing it with your CV for your next job interview in the pet industry. All certificates can be verified online, giving potential employers peace of mind that you have completed the necessary training that meets their unique requirements.
The pet first aid Certificate can provide you with a lifelong knowledge which may be needed in an emergency.
What You Will Learn
This course is filled with information relating to pet first aid. It is designed to give you the basic skills needed to handle all types of situations involving your pet or animals at your place of work, whether you work in a pet shop or veterinary practice. The course’s six modules will give you a complete overview into pet first aid, this includes the following:
- Introduction and importance of veterinary services
- Gain information on general pet health
- Learn about registering with your local vet and making visits
- Get insight into the anatomy of a dog
- Learn the different causes of limping in dogs
- Get tips on examining pets at home
- Learn about pet digestion
- Learn about checking vital signs
- Know the signs of dehydration and what to do
- Learn how to examine wounds and how to stop bleeding effectively
- Know how to treat burns on all pets
- Get an understanding on how to treat a choking pet
- Know what to do in the event a pet goes into shock
- Learn basic CPR for pets
- Understand what it takes to approach an injured animal
- Learn the different tools and techniques to restrain an animal
- Know the signs and symptoms of frost bite
- Drowning and near drowning first aid
- Get insight into household hazards
- Learn about poisoning and treatments
- Know the home treatment for vomiting and diarrhoea
- Study online at your own pace and in your own time
- Take a week to complete the course or a few months, there is no set time schedule for completion
- Accessible on most modern devices as long as you are connected to the internet
- Online support throughout your study experience
- Lifetime access to the modules
- Industry recognised certification
- Certificates are verifiable online as an added convenience
- Fast track your career
- Start using your new knowledge without delay
- Continue your education in pet awareness
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 7 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Introduction, Importance and Types of Veterinary Services, Equipment for Pet First Aid Kit
- Module 2 : Understanding the Anatomy & Home Examination of Pets
- Module 3 : How to Check for Vital Signs and treating wounds
- Module 4 : Treatment of Burns & Choking
- Module 5 : Emergency Pet Handling and Restraint Procedures
- Module 6 : Home Care and Treatment for Hypothermia, Drowning and Bites
- Module 7 : Household Hazards and Pet Medications