Whether you work in a veterinary practice, a pet shop or you have a pet you love with all your heart, the pet nutrition diploma can help you ensure you provide your pet with the best food that meets their unique needs and requirements.
Introduction to the Pet Nutrition DiplomaThe pet nutrition diploma will provide you with valuable insight into ensuring your pet or your clients’ beloved pets are fed the right diet to meet their unique growth needs. The course is broken down into easy to study and manageable modules, which you can study online at your own pace and in your own time.
All the modules are easily accessible online using any device, which enables you to study from anywhere. On completion you will be required to complete a multiple choice test, which you must pass in order to receive your industry recognized certification. In the event you don’t pass the first time, you will be given a second chance to go over the modules and then complete the test again.
On successful completion you can download and print your certificate right there and then without delay.
What You Will Learn
The course is overflowing with valuable information that will provide you with everything you need to know when it comes to pet nutrition. The easy to study and manageable modules cover the following:
- Learn about different food types, pet diets and how to read pet food labels to ensure that the pet is given the best nutrition at all times.
- Understand the importance of nutrition for pets.
- Learn about the digestive system. Learn the difference between herbivores, omnivores and carnivores and what pets eat what.
- Identify how the right nutrition can help with disease prevention.
- Learn about the different feeding stages in animals and how diet varies from when they are puppies or kittens to when they are adults and what they need to eat as seniors or when pregnant or lactating.
- Know what is considered a healthy weight for a pet and learn about various weight issues the pet may experience throughout their life.
- Know the reasons why a pet may not be eating and why the pet may be overeating.
- Learn everything you need to know about pet food from where to buy it to the difference between cheap and expensive pet foods to how to change your pets diet and more.
- Know about snacks and treats for pets and what is acceptable and what is not.
- Learn what herbs you can use with pets.
- Know what foods should be avoided at all costs.
- Identify how essential oils can be important for pets and what essential oils can be used.
- Learn about the specific sources of nutrition from proteins to carbohydrates and more.
- Learn more about rabbit and guinea pig nutrition and about food that is best for hamsters, mice and rats.
- Learn more about basic fish food ingredients, along with the dietary differences in birds.
- The modules will also teach you about what reptiles eat and how to feed them along with why it is so important to keep a food diary.
Benefits of the Pet Nutrition Diploma
This Pet Nutrition Diploma is brimming with amazing benefits:
- The diploma is recognised in the pet industry.
- You can use your certification to fast track your career.
- An opportunity to do a job that you love with no entry requirements.
- Affordable pricing.
- Study at home using your PC, tablet or mobile phone as long as you have access to the internet.
- Enjoy the benefits of online support throughout your study experience.
- On successful completion, download and print your certificate and have it at hand straight away.
- Improve your knowledge of pets.
- Use your knowledge to ensure pets in your care receive the best nutrition based on their age at all times.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 17 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Introduction to Food Types, Types of Diet and Pet Food Labels
- Module 2 : Why Nutrition is Vital for Pets
- Module 3 : Digestion
- Module 4 : Feeding Stages in a Pet’s Life
- Module 5 : Pet Weight
- Module 6 : Pet Food
- Module 7 : Snacks and Treats
- Module 8 : Herbs and Green Foods
- Module 9 : Foods to Avoid
- Module 10 : Essential Oils for Pets
- Module 11 : Species Specific Sources of Nutrition/Nutrients
- Module 12 : Rabbits and Guinea Pigs
- Module 13 : Mice, Hamsters and Rats
- Module 14 : Fish
- Module 15: Birds
- Module 16: Reptiles
- Module 17: Keeping a Food Diary