The Romantic Writing Diploma course has all of the knowledge required to break into the romance writing industry in the United Kingdom. This training course is filled with all you need to know to become a successful writer and to push yourself to create books and stories.
From learning about what is required to become a romance writer to creating the plot and illustrating your romance story, this course has it all. You will receive a full introduction to writing romance stories, and will obtain a deep understanding of how to become a successful writer in the romance genre.
Introduction to the Romantic Writing DiplomaThis is an online course that will give all students the unique ability to learn the curriculum in their own time and at their own pace. Most students are able to continue working full time, and still finish the course in a reasonable amount of time.
Since this is an online course, this diploma is accessible from any device with an internet connection, and you will also have access to online support during the time you train.
Before completing the course, you must pass a comprehensive test, which will award you with your certificate. You can download and print the certificate from home.
What You Will Learn
The Romantic Writing Diploma course has been written to give students a full overview of becoming a romance writer, and will put you on track to succeed. This course will cover:
- An introduction to becoming a romance writer
- What is required to become a romance writer
- How looking at other successful romance writers can help one to advance their career
- How to select a demographic and point of view when writing
- How to establish the setting for any romance story
- Ways to build up characters and plots when writing a romance story
- How to use a backstory without being boring
- Writing dialogue to keep flow in the story
- Improving confidence when writing
- Writing exercises to improve writing
- Choosing illustrations and/or illustrators
- How to work with publishers and sell romance stories
Benefits of the Romantic Writing Diploma
When taking the Romantic Writing Diploma course, there are a number of benefits that you will experience. These include:
- The option to study from any location at any time, both at home and away or out and about
- Studying at your own pace; there is no time limit, so you can take days, weeks, or even months to finish the course
- Using any internet-enabled device to study from, including mobile phones, tablets and computers
- Easily reading the course, thanks to the short modules, which make studying more enjoyable
- Experiencing the convenience of an online support system, which allows students to stay on track during their studies
- Learning from a comprehensive syllabus, which helps to guarantee that you get the knowledge necessary to begin writing romance themed stories
- Improving prospects when seeking out publishers
- Earning a certified and recognised diploma
- An affordable cost
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 13 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 20 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Introduction to Becoming a Romance Writer
- Module 2 : What do you need to become a Romance Writer?
- Module 3 : Be Guided by the Best – A Look at Successful Romance Writers
- Module 4: Selecting a Demographic to Write for and Deciding on Your Specific Point of View
- Module 5 : Overcoming the First Page and Establishing Your Story’s Setting
- Module 6 : Building Your Romance Story’s Characters
- Module 7 : Planning Your Romance Story’s Plot
- Module 8 : Using a Backstory without Being Boring
- Module 9 : Writing Dialogue to Keep Your Story Flowing
- Module 10 : Improving Confidence and Sense of Purpose
- Module 11 : Practical Writing Exercises in the Romance Writing Niche
- Module 12 : Illustrating Your Romance Writing and Working with Illustrators
- Module 13 : Dealing with Publishers and Selling Your Romance Story
There are no reviews yet.