This course has been written to introduce its reader to the ADVANCED level of Safeguarding Children & Young Adults.
This involves understanding safeguarding definitions, legislation, inter-agency framework and policies; recognising types of abuse; professional responsibilities towards children; ways of recognising, responding, recording and preventing child abuse; handling information about a child and their guardian; clinical knowledge, skills and responsibilities, working with other professionals.
- Improve your career prospects.
- Learn valuable knowledge, skills, advice and guidance to help you achieve success.
- Study online from anywhere.
- Study at your own pace.
- Download and print your industry recognised certificate on successful completion.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into bite-sized modules. You’re free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each section, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers and most tablet devices etc. so you can even study while on the move! As long as you have access to the internet, you should be able to study anywhere that’s convenient.
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all the modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken at a time and location of your choosing.
What if I don’t pass the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time then you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the entire program is likely to take around 2-4 hours to work through initially, but you may want to allow more time to repeat some areas. You should allow an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
• Safeguarding Definitions
• Safeguarding Framework and Nursing Staff Groups
• Introduction to Maltreatment
• Recognising Types of Abuse
• Reporting Maltreatment
• Ethics and Handling Information
Module 2 – Legislation, Guidelines and Frameworks
• Key Legislation, Rights and Needs
• Implication of Legislations and Inter-agency Policy
• Inter-agency Frameworks and Assessment Processes
• Role and Importance of LCSB
• Policies and Practice Between Locations
Module 3 – Clinical Knowledge, Skills and Responsibilities
• Applying Clinical Knowledge in Context of Safeguarding
• Communicating with Children and Family
• Assessment and Escalation
• Management of Cases
• Patient, Death and Forensic Management
Module 4 – Working with Other Professionals; Legal and QA Responsibilities
• Promoting a Supportive Environment
• Communicating Productively
• Recognising Who to Work With
• Issues Directly Affecting Professionals
• Active Participation in Assessment and Planning
• Advanced Documentation
• Contributing to Legal Processes
• Contributing to Audit Processes
This will be tested by a multiple choice quiz, with a pass mark of 75%. This will only appear once all pages have been clicked on and read.