In this course, you will learn how to maximise your chances of closing a sale, using various techniques that will help you to sell with confidence. Specifically, you will learn:-
- What is meant by the term “closing positively”.
- Why it is so important to learn how to bring about positive sales closure.
- The importance of timing and pace, in a successful sales pitch.
- How to encourage your prospects to consider future opportunities, by developing a strong customer-vendor relationship.
- General factors to bear in mind when making a sales pitch, regardless of the audience demographic or the pitch format.
- Why you need not feel put off at the first sign of a “No”.
- The most common sales objections and how to move past them.
- How deadlock situations arise in sales situations and how they can be resolved.
- How to tell when you should walk away and when you should negotiate.
- How to defend an offer and emphasise the benefits of the stated terms and conditions.
- How to ask the right questions, so that you understand your buyer’s place within the buying process.
- How to use timing, to increase the chance of closing the sale.
- Why you must sell the benefits to the buyer, exceed their expectations and not restrict your focus to the product or service you are selling.
- How you can cross sell products or services.
- How to diffuse tension and misunderstandings that may occur during the buying process.
- Why credibility is vital, when it comes to making sales.
- How to increase your credibility via a number of techniques, such as non-verbal communication, appropriate use of statistics and case studies.
- How you can mirror prospects’ body language, to increase feelings of rapport.
- The psychological stages buyers move through, as they get ready to buy from you – and how you can use this process to your advantage, when closing a sale.
- How to use active listening, to ensure a customer feels respected and heard, whilst reading the signs that let you know when a prospect is about to declare an intention to buy.
- Three key issues that influence a buyer or potential buyer and how these can impact upon the sales process.
- The purpose of a sales brief and why a good sales brief is an important first step in writing a sales pitch.
- How to write and present a sales pitch.
- How to react to a potential buyer’s comments, concerns, or suggestions.
- How to sharpen your communication skills and increase the chance that you will close the sale.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 8 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Closing Positively
- Module 2: Understanding Factors That Drive Buying Decisions
- Module 3: Building Credibility Throughout the Sales Process
- Module 4: Advanced Sales Techniques
- Module 5: Negotiating in Sales Situations