Under the Equality Act (2010) companies are legally required not to discriminate against employees or potential employees due to issues such as race, gender, age or disability.
Health and care services also have a duty to monitor equalities and any health enquiries. This course is designed to meet your legal requirement, and inform employees of their duties and what they should do if they witness inequality in their workplace.
- Be able to define the terms ‘equality’, ‘diversity’ and ‘human rights’.
- Understand how legislation promotes equality, diversity and human rights.
- Recognise the benefits that an inclusive approach can have on society, your organisation and the people you work with.
- Know how to treat everyone with dignity, courtesy and respect and value people as individuals.
- Understand how to promote inclusion in your workplace.
- Know what to do if you have concerns about equality and diversity practices in your organisation.
- Understand the purpose and benefits of monitoring equalities and health inequalities.
The course is accredited by CPD. The certificates, awarded upon successful completion, can be used to log your hours against.
The course usually take between 1-2 hours to complete, depending on the speed of learning. Learners do not have to complete all the training in one session as progress is recorded throughout and the training can be paused and resumed in our learning management system at any time.
This course is aimed at anyone working in a role in healthcare such as care workers, nurses, doctors, dentists, etc.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Test and certificate
Each end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test six times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.