If you work in a healthcare environment, and have the responsibility of administering medication, it is extremely important you are fully aware of your duties.
This course aims to provide the learner with the knowledge of how to administer medication safely, record what has been provided, which types of medication they are permitted to give and an overview of the types of drugs on the market.
Throughout the course, the learner will undertake challenges to assess their learning so far.
- Be aware of relevant legislation and how it feeds into local policy.
- Be able to define roles and responsibilities as they apply to the management of medication.
- Be able to describe suitable recording and reporting techniques relevant to medication administration.
- Be able to recognise the different types of medication
- Be able to describe relevant techniques for administering medication.
- Be able to list considerations when receiving, storing and disposing of medication.
- Be able to identify the rights of an individual as they relate to medication.
- Know the steps you should take within your role when medication issues arise and where you can go for help.
This course is accredited by CPD. The certificates, awarded upon successful completion, can be used to log your hours against.
Both courses usually take between 1-2 hours each to complete, depending on the speed of learning. Learners do not have to complete all the training in one session as progress is recorded throughout and the training can be paused and resumed in our learning management system at any time.
This course bundle is aimed at anyone working in a role that administers medication to others such as care assistants, pharmacists, nurses, etc.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Test and certificate
Each end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test six times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.