What does this course cover?
The training material on the course covers the following training out comes:
- Know the five statutory principles of the Mental Capacity Act and understand why they are needed.
- Understand how to assess if someone has capacity to make a particular decision.
- Know how to make a ‘best interests’ decision for someone
- Know how to document assessments and decisions made on behalf of service users who lack capacity.
- Understand what is meant by deprivation of liberty.
- Be able to describe the key elements of the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
- Know the process for authorising deprivation of liberty.
- Be aware of the process for challenging decisions.
Statutory & Mandatory Training: Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Certificate
Both courses are accredited by CPD. The certificates, awarded upon successful completion, can be used to log your hours against.
Each end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test six times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.
There are no reviews yet.