This course offers information to ensure all staff who undertake moving and handling duties are aware of how to do this safely in order to avoid injuries to yourself or others.
The course provides the learner with information on how to correctly perform a lift, as well as information regarding lifting another person and risk assessments.
Throughout the course, you will be given challenges to test what you have learnt so far.
- Recognise the importance of good back care and identify risk factors that may cause injury.
- Understand your organisation’s and your own responsibilities for promoting best moving and handling practices.
- Understand the factors to be included in a risk assessment and choose suitable risk control strategies.
- Know where to access additional resources including legislation, local/national policies and guidelines
- Know how to provide patients with the best quality care, using safe and dignified moving and handling strategies.
- Understand how communication and risk assessments ensure the safe handling of patients.
This course is accredited by CPD. The certificates, awarded upon successful completion, can be used to log your hours against.
The course usually takes between 1-2 hours to complete, depending on the speed of learning. Learners do not have to complete all the training in one session as progress is recorded throughout and the training can be paused and resumed in our learning management system at any time.
This course bundle is aimed at anyone working in a healthcare role.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Test and certificate
Each end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test six times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.