If you work in a healthcare or care environment, it is vital to understand the particular problems posed by people with mental health difficulties, dementia, or learning disabilities.
This course aims to provide the learner with the knowledge of deal with such patients with consideration and dignity.
Throughout the course, the learner will undertake challenges to assess their learning so far.
- Be able to explain the meaning of the terms mental health, dementia, and learning disability.
- Understand the needs and experiences of people with mental health conditions, dementia, or learning disabilities.
- Be able to explain how positive attitudes will improve the care and support affected people receive.
- Be able to describe the social model of disability and how it underpins positive attitudes.
- Understand what adjustments might need to be made to the way care is provided.
- Be able to explain why early detection of mental health needs, dementia or learning disability is important.
- Understand legal frameworks, policy and guidelines relating to mental health conditions, dementia, and learning disabilities.
This course is accredited by CPD. The certificates, awarded upon successful completion, can be used to log your hours against.
The course usually takes between 1-2 hours to complete, depending on the speed of learning. Learners do not have to complete all the training in one session as progress is recorded throughout and the training can be paused and resumed in our learning management system at any time.
This course bundle is aimed at anyone working in a role that cares for people with mental health difficulties, suffers from dementia or learning disabilities.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Test and certificate
Each end of course test consists of 10 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test six times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.