We have created this Zen Gardening course to give students all the information they require to build and care for a Zen garden. When you complete this course, you will know all you need to know about creating a Zen garden as well as how to keep it up over the years.
The course contains topics ranging from understanding Zen and Buddhism to general garden maintenance and pest control. We have worked to ensure that this course allows you to create a Zen garden that you will love, and one that you can care for year after year.
The course is totally online and offers students a convenient way to work through the course material that works best for their personal schedules. Students can continue to work full time while taking the course.
By taking the Zen Gardening course, you will have access to the course materials from any internet-enabled device, including mobile phones, computers and tablets. You can also access our online support feature day or night. When the course is completed, you will get a course certificate to show the successful completion of the course. The certificate can be downloaded and printed from home.
What You Will Learn
When this course is completed, you can easily create a Zen garden on your property. This course includes the following:
- A history of Zen gardening
- Understanding Zen
- What makes a garden Zen
- How Zen gardens create harmony
- Understanding the different elements of a Zen garden
- How yin and yang affect a Zen garden
- Understanding symbolism in a Zen garden
- Gravel in a Zen garden
- Creating a budget for a Zen garden
- Planning for a Zen garden
- Using Feng Shui in a Zen garden
- Laying a foundation for your Zen garden
- Putting plants in a Zen garden
- Symbolism in a Zen garden
- Water features in a Zen garden
- Tools required for a Zen garden
- Raking and maintaining a Zen garden
Benefits of the Zen Gardening Certificate
- The chance to study anywhere you wish, 24/7. You can study from anywhere that has an internet connection.
- No set time limit. This allows you to study when it is convenient for you. You can take days, weeks or months to complete the course.
- Study from any device with an internet connection, including tablets, mobiles and computers.
- An easy to understand course format that is divided into short modules. This keeps the study experience enjoyable.
- Online support that is accessible 24/7. This helps you to stay on track.
- Course training that includes activities, quizzes and worksheets.
- Your odds of success are improved when you create your own Zen garden.
- Earning a recognised certificate when finishing the course.
- Affordable course material.
- Module 1: Introduction to Zen Gardening
- Module 2: Elements in a Zen Garden
- Module 3: Creating Your Zen Garden
- Module 4: Water Features in a Zen Garden
- Module 5: Caring for Your Zen Garden