Level 2 HACCP teaches learners about the HACCP regulations for the management of food safety. It is designed to ensure that food handlers know how to comply with the HACCP Food Hygiene guidelines and can confidently implement food safety practices in their workplace.
Level 3 HACCP provides food supervisors and managers with the training they need to implement a successful HACCP system in their workplace. Those trained to Level 3 are able to successfully introduce and monitor food safety regulations, and ensure that employees are suitably trained and competent to work to internationally recognised HACCP standards.
The fire safety course will help learners understand the legal requirements for relating to fire safety. Learners will be shown the best fire prevention techniques, and learn how to recognise warning systems and take the correct response actions. They will learn what key factors are involved in the event of an evacuation, identify different types of fire, and what fire extinguishers should be used.
Level 2 HACCP
- Explain the need for a food safety system based on HACCP.
- Describe how you use HACCP principles to create a food safety system that will ensure the safety of your food.
- Explain the terms used in HACCP and how Critical Control Points (CCP) are derived.
- Understand how using HACCP is applied to the type of food business you work in.
- Explain the need for procedures and documentation to be able to produce consistently safe food.
Level 3 HACCP
- Outline the need for, and importance of, HACCP-based food safety management systems.
- Describe the HACCP approach to food safety procedures.
- Review the legislation relating to HACCP.
- Describe the importance of prerequisite programmes and what they should contain.
- Explain and evaluate the five preliminary steps in the logical application of HACCP.
- Identify hazards and risks in a food preparation or production process.
- Determine critical control points (CCP) for significant hazards and establish critical limits.
- Describe the procedures required for monitoring CCPs and the corrective action procedures when CCPs fail.
- Evaluate HACCP based procedures through documentation and record keeping procedures.
- Outline the review and verification requirements for HACCP-based systems.
- The hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace
- How fire risk is controlled in the workplace
- The principles and practice of fire management at work
All of the courses within this training pack (Levels 2 and 3 of HACCP, and Fire Safety) have been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Together, the courses usually take between 5-7 hours to complete, depending on the speed of learning. Levels 2 and 3 of HACCP take 2-3 hours each to complete, and Fire Safety takes 1-2 hours. Learners do not have to complete all the training in one session as progress is recorded throughout, and the training can be paused and resumed in our learning management system at any time.
This training pack is suitable for anyone who works with food, including food handlers and supervisors, as well as anyone who works in the food industry but does not necessarily handle food. These courses cater to anyone responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of a HACCP system or team, and are also suitable for small business owners and managers, across the catering, retail and manufacturing sectors. The fire safety course is a helpful additional course for employees who require induction or refresher training.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Test and certificate
Each end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test six times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.
There are no reviews yet.