This training pack teaches learners to take responsibility for food monitoring procedures, identify food safety hazards and contribute to improvements in food safety practices. Learners will be shown how to identify and understand the main food allergens, and the importance of handling food containing allergens carefully in order to keep customers safe; they will also learn to follow the Resuscitation Council (UK) Guidelines for basic to advanced life support training.
Level 3 Food Safety and Hygiene for Supervisors
- Know what to do if you are first on the scene of an accident.
- Be able to assess the situation as a potential danger zone.
- Know the key processes to follow and what to do for each one: Danger, Response, Airways, Breathing, Circulation.
- Understand the importance of the recovery position and how to apply it.
Food Allergy Awareness
- Explain the importance of controlling food allergens in regard to consumer safety.
- Describe the cause and symptoms of food allergy and food intolerance.
First Aid Primary Survey
- Understand the role of the supervisor and food business operator in ensuring compliance with food safety legislation.
- Understand the application and monitoring of good hygiene practice.
- Understand how to implement food safety management procedures.
- Understand the role of the supervisor in staff training and food safety management procedures.
Level 3 Food Safety and Hygiene for Supervisors, Food Allergy Awareness and First Aid Primary Survey have been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines. Level 3 Food Safety and Hygiene for Supervisors is also accredited to City and Guilds.
Together, these courses take between 11-12 hours to complete, depending on the speed of learning. Level 3 Food Safety and Hygiene for Supervisors takes approximately 8 hours, and Food Allergy Awareness and First Aid Primary Survey 1-2 each. Learners do not have to complete all the training in one session as progress is recorded throughout and the training can be paused and resumed in our learning management system at any time.
This training pack is aimed at anyone working in a role within the food industry, and for anyone who requires refresher or induction first aid training.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Test and certificate
Each end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test six times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.