Understanding basic life support is extremely important if you work in a clinical setting. This course provides valuable information to staff about national guidelines and practical information about CPR and resuscitation. Please note, taking this course does not qualify you to be an official first-aider. The course content is provided for information only and should not be treated as a substitute for the medical advice of your own doctor or health care professional.
- Understand national guidelines and local resuscitation policies and procedures.
- Know how to recognise and respond to patients with clinical deterioration or cardiorespiratory arrest, escalating care in accordance with local policy.
- Be able to initiate an appropriate emergency response, including:
- initiating and maintaining effective chest compressions
- Providing basic airway management, i.e. ensure an open airway
- Initiating and maintaining effective lung ventilations
- Operating an automated external defibrillator
- Understand your individual role and responsibilities in responding to an emergency event and working within the limits of your personal capabilities.
- Know how to apply the local Do Not Attempt Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation policy.
This course is accredited by CPD. The certificate, awarded upon successful completion, can be used to log your hours against.
This course usually take between 1-2 hours each to complete, depending on the speed of learning. Learners do not have to complete all the training in one session as progress is recorded throughout and the training can be paused and resumed in our learning management system at any time.
This course bundle is aimed at anyone working in a healthcare role.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Test and certificate
Each end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test six times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.
There are no reviews yet.