Lack of mental wellbeing in children, young people and vulnerable adults can lead to suicidal thoughts – suicidal ideation.
This course goes into the reasons for such thoughts, explains why some people are vulnerable, and gives guidance on how to support people in this situation.
This course covers the following:
- A definition of suicidal thoughts and mental wellbeing
- A description of suicidal ideation and how to identify it
- Statistics behind suicidal thoughts and suicide itself
- Why some people are vulnerable to suicidal thoughts
- Vulnerabilities for substance misuse, social isolation and other external influences
- The risks specific to adults and teenagers
- Guidance, how to assess risk, strengths-based practice, information sharing, interventions and how to help
The course includes a range of scenarios to enable to learner to reflect on own practice and engage in their learning; it also includes knowledge check challenges throughout.